[mythtv-users] 0.23 and [no] video storage group question

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Tue May 11 19:47:41 UTC 2010

Hi There,

Does this mean that the support of external players is going to go
away? I base this on the following snippets of information.

 - local storage support will only be removed once storage groups
support is complete
 - players need to support myth storage group protocol - which I would
expect is a long-shot for mplayer, xine or vlc.

I dont personally have an issue with this; the great strides in the
internal player make it excellent with only a few things not playing
correctly; which I will get around to transcoding at some point.