[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.23 Available

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue May 11 01:56:40 UTC 2010

> (dreading losing years of tweaks, I can't begin to remember what they all
> are, or even how I got there...)

Before I do a major upgrade I use partimage on Sysrecue CD to take a
partition image copy of my /boot and /root partitions (I don't backup
the /video partition). So then if anything goes wrong I can restore
easily (and I have done on quite a few occasions!).

The other thing I do is create an ISO image of any relevent
directories on my MythTV install and then burn it to DVD. I then have
a backup of all the little tweaks, scripts and config files that I
often need to refer back to.

And sometimes if I'm feeling really up to it, I take screenshots of
all the settings screens (such as channels) and paste them into a doc
to refer back to later.

This has saved me on a few occasions, so although it's a PITA, I think
it's worth it!