[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.23 Available

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue May 11 00:39:33 UTC 2010

On 05/10/2010 08:29 PM, Clay wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> MythTV 0.23 Available
>>
>> After six months of our new accelerated development schedule, MythTV
>> 0.23 is now available.
>
> Well carp...
> I haven't figured out how to get from 0.21 to 0.22 yet and now were at
> 0.23!? *g*
>
> (dreading losing years of tweaks, I can't begin to remember what they
> all are, or even how I got there...)

Before upgrading, backup:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore .

Then, when you upgrade, either upgrade the database in place or (if you
upgraded distros, changed hosts, or upgraded any MySQL packages), do a
*full* restore of your database backup (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Full_restore_of_a_specific_backup_file
), and you shouldn't lose any (MythTV) thing.  Distro/system tweaks are
another story, though.  :)

Mike