[mythtv-users] Your recording statistics?

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Mon May 10 17:54:50 UTC 2010

On 2010-05-10 19:37, ryan patterson wrote:
> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 12:09 PM, Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>> But I understand I have to start the frontend to qualify time as `LiveTV`?
>
> What you describe is like naming your Dog "Pussy-Cat" then expecting
> it to stop chasing sticks and stat using a litter box.

Well, the reality is of course a little more subtle.
As we are recording 24/7 and the mythweb screen does not elaborate on
LiveTV it is a normal assumption to associate the stat and the
recordinggroup as we seldomly watch using the frontend.

> For the
> statistic in question LiveTV is stuff viewed from the "Watch TV"
> choice on the mythfrontend main menu.  No other way makes sense.

Well, then I might need additional statistics.
For amount of stuff in recordinggroup 'LiveTV' and similar for 'Recordings'.
Size in [G]bytes and play time perhaps?

Udo