[mythtv-users] Goals and Aspirations of MythTV

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon May 10 13:58:16 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 06:45 -0400, MarcT wrote:
> The backend runs fine on OSX, the problem is lack of video input support.
>
> Ok, I I have been corrected. But I was sort of implying a working backend
> with capture devices. Sounds like an OSX backend cant capture anything.

An OSX backend can capture over Firewire, ATSC/QAM-64/QAM-256, DVB-T/C,
and IPTV. You can not capture DVB-S or nor any encrypted DVB, and you
can not capture analog video of any sort (so no HD-PVR). For ATSC/QAM
and DVB-T/C you need a HDHomeRun of the correct sort, the others are
supported by hardware built into the Macintosh.

While there is no choice of hardware, it's unfair to say you can not
record any media on OSX.

-- Daniel