[mythtv-users] fedora 11 update - lircd now uses /var/run/lirc/lircd instead of /dev/ircd

Patrick Mansfield patman at aracnet.com
Mon May 10 05:04:44 UTC 2010

After a recent fedora 11 update, my IR remote stopped working correctly.

I noticed /dev/lircd was missing, and that the latest update to
lirc-0.8.6-2.fc11.i586 from lirc-0.8.5-3.fc11.i586 has changed the default
socket used by lircd, so that /var/run/lirc/lircd is now used instead of
/dev/lircd

So ... if you're running fedora 11, and after an update you lose your IR,
try adding a "-o /dev/lircd", or change the myth tv settings to use
/var/run/lirc/lircd

:-(

-- Patrick Mansfield