[mythtv-users] Comcast bricked me above 33 so I bricked Comcast with my wallet

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun May 9 23:52:59 UTC 2010

On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 4:14 PM, James Kaufman
<jmk at kaufman.eden-prairie.mn.us> wrote:
> On 05/09/2010 04:34 AM, Simon Hobson wrote:
>>
>> Ben Kamen wrote:
>>>
>>> Ultimately, it comes to this:
>>>
>>> What if we all just canceled cable for a a couple of months.
>>>
>>> Everyone.
>>> Really.
>>
>> Well i suspect that if everyone using Myth dumped them on the same day
>> ... it wouldn't even show as a blip on their churn rates, let alone
>> balance sheet.
>>
>> You are faced with a situation where 90% of their 'customers' haven't a
>> clue, 9% have some clue but don't care, 0.99% care but not enough to do
>> anything, and then that leaves the 0.01% that would do it.
>>
>> OK, so made up figures, got any better guesses ?
>>

> snip
>
> http://www.tvpredictions.com/comcast042810.htm

Really interesting numbers, and clearly that's more than the MythTV
community could muster, but every little bit helps. ;-)

I wonder how much of that is people disliking the Comcast product and
choosing something else vs just the economy and all the pain people
have been in?

- Mark