[mythtv-users] "Watch Recordings" some frontends slow, some fast?

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Sun May 9 01:25:37 UTC 2010

On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 9:07 AM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> actually, in playing around, I'm noticing that it looks to be the
> shows that don't have downloaded fan art for the background that are
> slow, as though mythfrontend is waiting for the image to download, and
> if there isn't one it just waits some period of time before becoming
> responsive again. So if I'm in a specific show with fan art for the
> background it moves between episodes fairly quickly, but if it's a
> show without, then it's very slow.

I experience the same issue (on both a Core 2 Duo + 8500GT and an Ion
system) - ended up just editing the theme to remove recordings fanart.
When fanart existed, scrolling was fast, although the fanart itself
was slow to load, so I'd often not see it anyway before I scrolled to
the next recording. When fanart didn't exist (still a common
occurrence for a lot of Australian/British TV) it was extremely slow.

- Chris