[mythtv-users] "Watch Recordings" some frontends slow, some fast?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat May 8 18:22:20 UTC 2010

I'm noticing that some of my frontends are very fast browsing through
the "Watch Recordings" list and some are quite slow. for example, I
have one machine that is a C2D with a GT220 and my macbook (C2D,
nvidia), both connected to the same switch connected to the rest of
the house network (with a remote backend in the basement). The macbook
is able to scroll through the Watch Recordings list very quickly,
whereas the other machine is very very slow.

This occurred with 0.22 and I just upgraded everything to 0.23 and the
same exact thing happens with both, so I'm assuming its a setting or
something somewhere, I just can't for the life of me figure out what
or where.

anyone encounter a similar occurrence and know what's going on?

thanks!
--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!