[mythtv-users] Missing XMLTV grabbers from 0.23 video source setup

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat May 8 17:20:52 UTC 2010

On 7 April 2010 12:34, Michael PARKER <michael.parker at st.com> wrote:

> On the F12/0.23RC2 platform, cycling through the options of "Listings grabber" field results in only
> the Argentina grabber being available. No "Loading XMLTV configuration" message, no pause - just the
> Argentina grabber (which happens to be the first grabber reported by a command line invocation of
> tv_find_grabbers).

Thought I'd update this thread whilst I remember. Testing on F11 with
MythTV trunk and CVS XMLTV, I fail to get any grabbers listed after a
delay, even on a C2D machine. Similarly, running tv_find_grabbers from
the console works normally.

I've not had the time to look into this further, but don't see this as
an XMLTV issue per se*. Running tv_find_grabbers can take an
indeterminate amount of time, as the path is searched for any and all
grabbers present on the system. Any other load on the filesystem can
and will slow this process down.

Cheers,
Nick

* Of course, I would say that, being an XMLTV developer.

--
Nick Morrott