[mythtv-users] Terra theme, 24 hour time

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Sat May 8 15:06:02 UTC 2010

On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 7:46 PM, E. Westbrook <mythtv-users at westbrook.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:
>>
>> The time format is defined in the theme for Terra to make sure it looks
>> how the author wants. If you don't like it you can always just edit the
>> theme.
>
> How that can be acceptable for general distribution, I am unable to
> understand.

Key words: "the author". A theme is a creative work like any other, so
if the theme author chooses to set up a theme with spacings that look
best with one particular format, it seems entirely reasonable that
people should see it the way they intended.

At least in this case, alterations are easy and reversible - if it
turns out that 24 hour time looks like a moustache on the Mona Lisa,
you can put it right again. It's not often creative works afford such
freedom.

My $0.02 AUD,
Chris