[mythtv-users] MythTV to MythVideo, best and easiest solution for Mythbuntu 10.4?

Nick F nikos.f at gmail.com
Fri May 7 18:33:08 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 4:32 AM, Sven Bretfeld <sven.bretfeld at gmx.ch> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> This is a newbie question. What I want to do is simple. I need a User
> Job that:
>
> 1. transcodes a MythTV recording, honoring the cutlist
>
> 2. reduces the file size /drastically/ (quality is secondary)
>
> 3. moves (or copies) the file to the videos directory
>
> 4. (looks for or keeps metadata information)

I use this script : http://wiki.1.jeffornot.com:8000/wiki/Video2ipod to do this.

It honours cutlists, does a transcoding, and gives the file a
reasonable name - like "V-Heretics_Fork.mp4".  It does not keep all
the metadata, but gives me enough to import into Mythvideo.

It's primary purpose is to transcode to iPod / iPhone format, but I
have two different user jobs - one which call up parameters that are
useful to an iPhone, and a 720p version which I use to archive stuff.
If I recall I had to change some of the ffmpeg flags which have
changed since this was put out.