[mythtv-users] Comcast just made things worse

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Thu May 6 16:31:52 UTC 2010

On 5/6/2010 10:53 AM, Brian Wood wrote:
> I have seen several clever and artistic jobs of modifying satellite dishes to
> look better, and even enhance the appearance of the building they are attached
> to. Camouflage designs seem to be popular around here.I also saw one with the
> local cable operator's logo with the universal circle and diagonal through it.
> They may get sued for unauthorized use of the (presumably copyrighted) logo,
> but I suspect the cable operator would not relish the publicity such an action
> would produce.

Because he's a person and he's doing it to state a position, it might be no different
carrying a sign at a protest and thus protected under free speech.

Just like the websites that parody real sites...

Wouldn't that be fun.

  -Ben

--
Ben Kamen - O.D.T., S.P.
Home: ben at benjammin.net                       http://www.benjammin.net

'fortune' says:
If your next pot of chili tastes better, it probably is
because of something left out, rather than added.