[mythtv-users] Unable to play avi on remote frontent only? Storage group problem?

Mark markhsa at gmail.com
Thu May 6 16:22:46 UTC 2010

I may be misunderstanding storage groups and videos ( not recorded but
avi's etc... )
I have 23-fixes running fine on a shared backend/frontend and all videos
play fine there.  The videos reside in /video2/videos
I also share that via nfs.

However, on a new remote frontend, all works fine, except for playing
avi files.  As I said before, I export /video2/videos and have it
mounted on the frontend as the same /video2/videos and have that as my
stated path in  video settings, general settings, directories that hold
videos.

I get this in the frontend log:
2010-05-06 10:10:26.319 RingBuffer::RingBuffer(): Failed to open remote
file (myth://Videos@:0/30 Rock Season 1/30.Rock.S01E01.Pilot.avi)

Ideas?  Or am I misunderstanding?