[mythtv-users] cablecard options - Comcast killed open QAM - no more MythTV?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed May 5 22:00:37 UTC 2010

Rob Comstock <mythtv at westcoastlinux.com> says:
> Is there any sign that a cableCARD tuner may be on the horzon (even
> a far horizon) for mythtv in particular and linux in general?

No.

> It looks like I have to abandon the MythTV ship for now.

Get a HD-PVR.

This exact topic has come up several times in the past three weeks
alone, not to mention the two years since the HD-PVR went on sale. Get
a HD-PVR and, next time, either a) read the list regularly or b) at
least do five seconds' worth of searching in the archive.

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array