[mythtv-users] Arclight questions

Josh White jaw1959 at gmail.com
Wed May 5 13:30:19 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 12:59 AM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com>wrote:

> On 5/5/2010 00:54, Nick Rout wrote:
>
>> Ahh I think that's the major difference! For someone who just moved
>> from 0.21 to 0.23, how do I get Jamu to do that on recorded shows (not
>> Videos).
>>
>> I suppose the answer will involve 'm' or 'i' buttons, but just checking!
>>

> JAMU is bundled with MythVideo, but is otherwise completely independent
> from MythTV.  You have to get it set up and running on your own (or use
> something like Mythbuntu that sets it up for you).  Luckily the author has
> spent the time to write up a very detailed howto on the wiki.

I have JAMU working. I guess my confusion lies with the difference between
the style of the home screen and the rest of the theme.  Given that we call
it a "theme" you would think that the theme of the theme would be consistant
between the home screen and the rest of the screens (I'm not confusing
non-mythui screens here).  If you look at graphite, the home screen, the
recordings screen, setup screens, etc. look similar.  I guess the biggest
issue for me are the images used on the home screen vs the look of the rest
of the theme; the rest does seem to follow the theme fairly well.

It's just my opinion.