[mythtv-users] MythWeb quits during Recorded Programs listing

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed May 5 13:21:00 UTC 2010

On 05/05/2010 03:20 AM, Chris Adams wrote:
> On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 11:39 AM, Yeechang Lee wrote:
>
>> I wrote:
>>
>>> There's no reason, other than up-front cost, why one can't nowadays
>>> get to 5,000 or 10,000 recordings via MythTV.
>>>
>> Actually, there might be. With 1,300 recordings I have noticed that
>> MythWeb|Recorded Programs quits midway. It's not a php_value
>> memory_limit setting issue; I had it at 256MB for a long time, and
>> have tried raising it to 512MB with no luck. Suggestions?
>>
> If you're not already using them for anything else, can I suggest
> using recording groups - you could create a script in a cron job to
> categorize them A-C, D-F, etc.

I will note, however, that I have 1366 recordings, currently, and my
MythWeb Recorded Programs page comes up just fine--even with All
Programs--with:

----- from /etc/php.ini
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Resource Limits ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

max_execution_time = 30     ; Maximum execution time of each script, in
seconds
max_input_time = 60    ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend
parsing request data
memory_limit = 8M      ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (8MB)
-----

I just retrieved it last night over the Internet (which takes forever
due to my low upstream bandwidth at home), even, and it worked just
fine.  And I was using a new Firefox profile that did not have anything
cached.

Mike