[mythtv-users] Arclight questions

Justin Johnson justin.johnson3 at gmail.com
Tue May 4 16:09:16 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 1:53 AM, Christopher Kerr <mythtv at theseekerr.com> wrote:

> The weird pixelated blob is the background picture, and yes, that is
> how it's meant to look. If you don't like it, it's easy to change. (if
> I recall, there's actually a whole collection of related weird
> pixellated blobs included with the theme)
>
> - Chris

Just open the theme folder and drop whatever backgrounds you want into
the backgrounds folder. If you don't like the tendrils pictures,
delete those. I believe the images will be stretched to fill the
screen so you should get images with the correct aspect ratio. I
personally love this method, it makes it easy to create a highly
customized theme, without doing tons of work.
NOTE: removing tendrils[x].png will break the background image on
non-mythUI screens (such as mythmusic) you can edit qtlook.txt to
hardcode a background for those screens.
--Justin Johnson