[mythtv-users] Any way to automatically retrieve lineups?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue May 4 07:51:07 UTC 2010

> I use MythTV with schedules direct, but it only downloads a couple of weeks
> of schedules, then is unknown after that until I run setup and retrieve
> lineups again.  Is there a way to set it up to do this automatically?

Depends on how you're running mythfilldatabase. I think there's a way
of scheduling it from within MythTV in Utilities/Setup --> Setup -->
General (last screen).

However, in Australia we don't have Schedules Direct and we have
different programme guide grabbers. I run this as a daily cron job so
that I've always got 2 weeks of forward EPG data.