[mythtv-users] Upgraded system and now lirc won't work

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Mon May 3 19:56:27 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Peter Abplanalp
> <pta-myth at psaconsultants.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 12:42 PM, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> did you check your config files.  some distros copy the existing
>> config to config.something (rpmold?  rpmnew?)
>>
>> i ask because the output looks good which means perhaps your remote
>> isn't set up any more.
>>

> I don't think that is it.  Looks like my lircd.conf file is the same I
> have always used.
>
> I do recall reading about some lirc-related issues on the list a month
> ago and just looked at some of the old messages.  It appears that the
> new version has corrected that so I am not sure if that is related to
> my issue.

I am wondering if this has anything to do with it (logged in dmesg):
it87: Found IT8712F chip at 0x290, revision 7
it87: in3 is VCC (+5V)
it87: in7 is VCCH (+5V Stand-By)
ACPI: I/O resource it87 [0x295-0x296] conflicts with ACPI region IP__
[0x295-0x2                    96]
ACPI: If an ACPI driver is available for this device, you should use
it instead                     of the native driver
it87: Found IT8712F chip at 0x290, revision 7
it87: in3 is VCC (+5V)
it87: in7 is VCCH (+5V Stand-By)
ACPI: I/O resource it87 [0x295-0x296] conflicts with ACPI region IP__
[0x295-0x2                    96]
ACPI: If an ACPI driver is available for this device, you should use
it instead                     of the native driver
type=1305 audit(1272916079.850:27590): audit_enabled=0 old=1
auid=4294967295 ses                    =4294967295 subj=kernel res=1