[mythtv-users] Bluetooth headsets - how to?

Phil Linttell phil.linttell at rogers.com
Mon May 3 18:58:34 UTC 2010

> Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 13:53:04 +1200
> From: Tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz>
> Subject: [mythtv-users] Bluetooth headsets - how to?
> To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
> I've got a Bluetooth headset paired up and the sound from VLC comes through well on 10.04 mythbuntu.
> However for Mythtv I can't find a setting - and Google is not my friend today.
> How does one route the myth front-end sound to BT?

PulseAudio.  Works for me  ;-)

In PulseAudio Preferences, configure "Add virtual output device for
simultaneous output on all local sound cards"

Configure myth to use PulseAudio: default for audio output.

In the Pulse volume control, configure MythTV to playback to the
simultaneous audio device.

As your A2DP device comes and goes, it should automatically pick up the
audio stream.