[mythtv-users] When there are more requests for tuners than there are tuners?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sat May 1 19:34:13 UTC 2010

On 5/1/2010 15:16, mythtv at derdev.com wrote:
> I'm still interested in how does the Myth FE/BE deal with the situation
> when a new request comes up for a tuner and all tuners are busy.

Recordings and any conflicts with them will be managed by the
scheduler.  Higher priority rules will get preference, and with equal
rules, mythtv will try to reschedule one at a later time.  Scheduled
recordings may pre-empt livetv if you allow it, and mythfrontend will
refuse to start a livetv session if no recorders are available to use.