[mythtv-users] Setting up myth (and Alsa) to playback 44.1 audio natively

Steve Greene sgreene59 at verizon.net
Wed Mar 31 20:50:59 UTC 2010

Calling all audio geeks. By default in my Mythbuntu install, Alsa is
set-up to resample all audio to 48K samples and output them to the card.
In many modern chipsets, the audio is capable of handling 44.1, 48 and
96K samples without intervention.  There is supposed to be a way to
point myth to the hardware addresses of the card and bypass this
resampling.  Can anyone point me to a walk-through?

BTW, my device is an Asus EB1501 and it uses Intel HDA audio.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

--
It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever.
        David St. Hubbins