[mythtv-users] Interesting results

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Mar 31 17:08:22 UTC 2010

On 03/30/2010 11:31 PM, Brent Bolin wrote:
> Testing some things in anticipation of moving Myth backend to a new setup.
>
> Currently running the test setup on a windows box using Virtualbox.
> Being used to test some new raid setups.
>

> If I backup and restore the database do I need to run the myth-setup
> program on the new installation?

Only to change whatever configuration information needs changing for the
new host.

Also, unless you want to dramatically increase the complexity and the
work involved, try to make sure that the new host has the same hostname
as the old.  Ideally, it should also have the same IP address.

If it doesn't have the same IP address, you /must/ run mythtv-setup to
change the backend (and, likely, master backend) IP address.

If it doesn't have the same hostname, you have to do a lot more /before/
your start up any mythtv program (including mythbackend, mythtv-setup,
mythfrontend, ...) on the new host.

Mike