[mythtv-users] configure did not detect my cpu

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Mar 31 15:22:23 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 31 March 2010 09:13:58 am Michael Papet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Still trying to get a working build on 0-22-fixes on an iBook G3.  FYI, as
>  a frontend, it works great.  There's enough hardware acceleration to run a
>  frontend just fine.

Hmmm, I have a couple of those old G3 iBooks in my garage junk pile, but I'm
surprised they can work as frontends, they are pretty slow otherwise. I also
have some G4 units, I was thinking about seeing how they do with video
display.

Are you talking about HD video, or just SD? If the G3 machines can display HD
well, I may have to re-think my next Revo order, but I suspect they can't do
that.