[mythtv-users] Custom recording rule - how to not record

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 15:19:06 UTC 2010

On 31 March 2010 15:57, Mike Holden <mythtv at mikeholden.org> wrote:
> Ismo Tanskanen wrote:
>> I have custom recording rule what records music shows:
>>
>> program.title LIKE '%black sabbath%' OR program.title LIKE '%deep
>> purple%' OR program.title LIKE '%led zeppelin%' OR
>> program.description
>> LIKE '%black sabbath%' OR program.description LIKE '%deep purple%'
>> OR
>> program.description LIKE '%led zeppelin%'
>>
>> But I don't want record "The Osbournes" what comes out almost every
>> night. It's description talks about "Black Sabbath" and of cource is
>> included to upcoming records.
>>
>> How I can exclude this show? I tried to add this after sql command:

> Can I also say, as an aside, that I totally agree with your includes
> list and your excludes list above!

I've been wondering for some time (and more over the last year as I've
created more catch-all power searches) about having a "Do not record
this title" option for power searches. Rather than having to update a
custom rule each and every time to ignore a new series that appears
and matches the rule but is not wanted, having a simple one-time
option to ignore the series seems like a useful feature.

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott