[mythtv-users] Interesting results

Brent Bolin brent.bolin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 03:31:50 UTC 2010

Testing some things in anticipation of moving Myth backend to a new setup.

Currently running the test setup on a windows box using Virtualbox.
Being used to test some new raid setups.

If I backup and restore the database do I need to run the myth-setup
program on the new installation?

For right now I'm just creating file lists with all the files on the
production system -

/var/lib/mythtv/recordings fanart coverart etc...

Then on the new system just creating empty files. I will have to do
this any way because I just don't have the extra room to store OTA
recordings.  Then let Myth just expire those recordings.

When looking at Mythweb most of the data is there except channel
icons.  What I find interesting are the recording detail images.  They
are there.  Is this data stored in the database?