[mythtv-users] advise/suggestions on how to set up my drives?

Dan Armbrust daniel.armbrust.list at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 20:47:43 UTC 2010

> Maybe even use rsnapshot (basically rsync and
> hardlinks) to take snapshots of data from one disk to the next to recover
> from accidental deletions/corruption.

Yea, I forgot to add that reason.  I do scheduled copies rather than
RAID for backups of all of my important data, because most frequently,
the error I'm trying to fix was a user error....

aka....

rm -rf.....

why is that taking so long?

CRAP Wrong Folder!   CTRL+C CTRL+C CTRL+C CTRL+C CTRL+C CTRL+C

doh.....

RAID doesn't buy you anything for this sort of issue, which
(hopefully) is far more common that disk failures.