[mythtv-users] osd font issue

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Mar 30 16:15:35 UTC 2010

On 03/30/2010 12:11 PM, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> On 2010-03-29 20:16, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>>> The error doesn't go away when I edit osd.xml for all retro-OSD
>>> instances:
>>>
> (zapppp....)
>
>> Well, then I'd recommend upgrading to 0.23-fixes (especially if your
>> packager has packagers for it).
>>
> 0.23-fixe is stable enough?
> Not too many new bugs/features?
> (I build stuff myself so no packager; I could try to build it next weekend)
>
>>> What about the mixer name for hw:1,3?
>>>
>> No device number for control devices.
>>
> Hmm.
> I saw a bug mention in trac, http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8226,
> that appears to be like the issue that I see here.
> `hw:1,3` gives me sound. `hdmi` doesn't in frontend.
> Just no mixer thingy workaround with hw:1,3...?

That's a different issue that only applies to SVN trunk (and hasn't been
confirmed, yet, either).  The issue is that you're giving a /device/
number for a mixer.  There is no such thing as control device 3 on card
1.  What you're giving is equivalent to
ALSA:controldevicethatdoesnotexist.  Neither will work.  :)

Mike