[mythtv-users] Video Sources, scheduling and recordings history

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Tue Mar 30 13:16:47 UTC 2010

Andre wrote:
> I haven't (yet) done the equivalent tear down and re-create with
> sources, I suspect that I'm seeing some artefact of the order my
> sources were created in which for historic reasons looks a bit wacky
> now. I have DVBS using EIT as source 1, DVBT using EIT as source 2
> and a subset of DVBS2 channels using xmltv as source 10. My
> suspicion is that perhaps if DVBT was 1 and DVBS was 2 that could
> conceivably correct the "oddities" I'm seeing.

You do realise you don't need a separate source for the same
hardware to use EIT for some channels and xmltv for others, don't
you?

I use DVB-T, and use xmltv (radiotimes) for most channels, and EIT
for the few that aren't carried by radiotimes.com (mainly radio
channels).

Simply enable EIT for the input, and then tick the "Use onairguide"
box in the channel config for those that need EIT, and set up xmltv
data for the others.
--
Mike Holden

http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop
for all manner of hand crafted items,
including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts