[mythtv-users] Problem playing some 5.1 audio.

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Tue Mar 30 06:05:46 UTC 2010

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 11:11 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi
>
> On 29 March 2010 14:05, Joseph Fry <joe at thefrys.com> wrote:
>
> > Strangely, it works fine once I switch Max Audio Channels to 5.1.   But I
> > have to switch it back when I'm done watching or I get no audio on my
> normal
> > content.  This isn't a huge issue for me... but it's severely hurting the
> > WAF.
>
> Because then you send plain PCM ; you're not getting the front left
> and right channels though; I think it's center and surround right
>
> If you set it to stereo ; as the front and left aren't there, you get
> garbage.
>
> Upgrade to 0.23 or 0.22 with the audio-code backport
>
> Ok, upgraded to 0.23 tonight... and yes, now I don't need to go in and
change from stereo to 5.1 to play my 5.1 channel AAC MP4 files.  However,
now the channels are all screwed up with those files... my receiver reports
3/2 when I start a show, but I get all my center channel audio on the left
channel and god knows what on the other speakers.

This is a huge step backward as those files are the "best" movies I have,
which is why I encoded the 5.1 audio to begin with.

is there a way to remap the channels, or did I set something wrong?