[mythtv-users] 8400 VDPAU only Bob2x

Dan Armbrust daniel.armbrust.list at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 19:28:31 UTC 2010

> I don't know if the updated version of the card fixes this issue or
> not.  I see (from the pics) that it doesn't stick out to the back as
> far... (but that wasn't a problem for me anyway) but I can't tell
> about the height of the heatsink from the provided pics.  If it was
> even an 1/8" of an inch shorter, you would be able to use the next
> slot for some other card.

Whoops, got my pics mixed up.  Appears that the new card is worse from
the slot space point of view, because now, not only does it (likely)
still have a heatsink that is too tall and takes out the next slot, it
now has screws sticking out of the top, which may affect the slot
above it, as well.

Why is it so hard for them to design a card that stays within a single
slot space?  I mean, if they need two slots for cooling, why don't
they make it obvious, and make it use two full slots?  The game of
looking like it will fit in one slot, but not quite... is rather
frustrating.