[mythtv-users] liblirc_client not compiled into mythfrontend

Johnny Walker johnnyjboss at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 18:21:05 UTC 2010

Note: we bottom post on this list for later readability of others when
searching this list. (Which can be done at
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/ )

>On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 12:40 PM, Brock Haywood <brock.haywood at gmail.com> wrote:
>Maybe i was unclear, "ldd ./mythfrontend |grep lirc" is empty tho i understand that lirc is baked into 0.22 so i shouldn't be expecting to see it.
>
>Regarding irw, when it is run I get what i was expecting.  When i press up on the remote, it shows up_pressed or something like that.  I'm away from >this machine at work so I will reply with the exact messages later.
>
>bh

It sounds like you've made good progress if irw reports the
keypresses. We need to compare the output of those against your
previously posted .lircrc files. Specifically I'm thinking the remote
name needs to match correctly as follows:

output of IRW:

Matches :
0000000000001794 00 Up mceusb
0000000000001794 01 Up mceusb
0000000000001796 00 Left mceusb
0000000000001796 01 Left mceusb

Doesn't Match:
0000000000001795 00 Down Hauppauge_350
0000000000001795 01 Down Hauppauge_350
0000000000001797 00 Right Hauppauge_350

Snippet of .lircrc you posted previously:

begin
    remote = mceusb <-- matches
    prog = mythtv
    button = RecTV
    config = R
    repeat = 0
    delay = 0
end

The lirc daemon only runs the commands or keypresses in these small
stanza's if the name of the remote sending them matches. This allows
multiple remotes to be used.

Sorry for the misinfo on the 'try stopping the lirc daemon' - I was
actually wondering if you were seeing errors on starting / stopping it
and wasn't thinking clearly on the irw vs. irrecord needing it. Jarod
is actually quite the expert on lirc as he's a major contributor to
it. (to whom we're all exceedingly grateful.)

-Johnny