[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.23 rc1 - Virtual Keyboard Missing & Arclight and Graphite Themes don't work unpatched

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Mar 29 18:12:20 UTC 2010

On 03/29/2010 08:26 AM, Rajesh Balan wrote:
> On 28-Mar-10 10:25 PM, Rajesh Balan wrote:
>>> Rajesh, out of curiosity, what's your CPU usage like when idling on
>>> the Watch Recordings page with an unpatched and patched MythTV?
>>> (Just an approximation of the range from watching top for about 30
>>> seconds, ideally through an SSH connection from another machine so
>>> you don't have a terminal on screen affecting the drawing.)
>> hmmm. an unpatched setup will require a little doing. can't do that
>> tonight.
>>
>> for the patched setup, the top times for mythfrontend never seem to
>> exceed 3% (it is usually at 2%. sometimes at 1) with about 7.7%
>> memory usage (4G machine).
> I just installed the mythtv-frontend 0.23rc1 package from
> debian-multimedia. I verified that the loading screen did not go away
> when using the arclight theme.
>
> The CPU usage seems to be about the same as the patched version. it
> never goes above 3%.

Thanks for the test.  I was just curious how much of a change there
was.  The race condition doesn't take much timing difference at all to
alter the outcome.  Unfortunately, until someone actually fixes the
underlying issue (which is a large job--which may be done as part of the
refactoring being done for the mythui OSD branch), you'll probably need
to just apply the patch.

Mike