[mythtv-users] What happened to the standalone player?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Mar 29 17:22:33 UTC 2010

On 3/29/2010 05:35, Tortise wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Raymond Wagner"
> <raymond at wagnerrp.com>

The only streaming capacity the playback code has is from the backend.
Any streaming capacity any frontend plugin may have is supplemented by
the plugin itself, or some external program it is calling.  I have no
idea what issue you may be tip-toeing around, but all recording capacity
exists in the backend.  If you want to pull new content into MythTV, it
must be done by a recorder (physical or virtual) on the backend.