[mythtv-users] threaded h264 decoding?

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Mon Mar 29 01:09:25 UTC 2010

What's the status of this?  Is it possible/doable/implemented?

I've got a system that is stuttering very slightly on h264 material.  If
I can get even a 5% or 10% improvement in performance I can get
beautiful playback.   Upgrading hardware is not easy; it's an embedded
system built for low power, so my options are limited - I could put in a
PCI bus nVidia card, but that would increase the power demand by quite a
bit, so I'd rather explore software options.  It's an intel mobo, so
overclocking is not an option.

The system is currently running:

root at mythtvrt:~# mythfrontend --version
xprop:  unable to open display ''
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 19961
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
Network Protocol : 40
Options compiled in:
 linux profile using_oss using_alsa using_jack using_backend using_dbox2
using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_iptv
using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc
using_opengl_vsync using_opengl_video using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr
using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmcw using_xvmc_vld using_glx_proc_addr_arb
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl
using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live

--Yan

--

   o__