[mythtv-users] Unable to upgrade DB

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Mar 28 15:04:01 UTC 2010

On 03/28/2010 11:00 AM, Oz Dror wrote:
> Hi I am sorry for the confusion.
>
> I edited the record *setting *in the data base.
> I have been upgrading the same database moving it from computer to computer
> for years.
>
> Unfortunately there were a lot of records containing hostname value  of an
> old computer in the database that conflicted with
> the new computer name. All I did was to remove all the entries in that
> record that matched
> the old compute name that I recycled.
>
> To make things more complex I had another computer on the network with a
> different name running 0.22
>
> The problem was solved by removing these old records.
>
> Although I do not recommend editing the data base directly. in the past  I
> solved a lot of problems by doing that.
> mythtv is limited in editing and organizing its records. for example. I had
> issues with channel naming that I had to resolve by editing a record
> directly

No, the problem was solved by shutting down the running 0.22 backend or
by telling the frontend to connect to the proper host's 0.23 backend.

Editing the DB didn't have anything to do with fixing the protocol
error.  That was fixed by actually connecting to the right backend.

The MythTV channel names/callsigns/numbers/xmltvids, and more, can be
edited with the mythtv-setup channel editor.

Mike