[mythtv-users] mythstream stuck at v 0.18 on 0.22 mythtv

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Sun Mar 28 09:57:43 UTC 2010

MythTV users,

I have Mythbuntu 9.10, with Mythtv 0.22 installed.

The other day I went to play some internet radio streams and noticed the
option was missing.

I checked Synaptic to make sure the plug in for streaming, which I
believe is mythstream, was installed.

It's not, so simply clicked to install it. Then a window came up saying
I'd have to completely uninstall all of my current MythTV packages.

That's when I noticed that my Synaptic says that the latest version of
mythstream is 0.18. I guess if I try and install that, it's going to try
and revert all of MythTV back to that version. Which, needless to say,
is not the desired result.

I looked on the net to see if perhaps mythstream has been supplanted by
another package, but it seems there should be a mythstream 0.22

So my question is, how do I upgrade the package or in some way get
internet streaming back?

Thank you for any advice

--
Dave M G