[mythtv-users] video stutter because of mythweather?

R. Ramesh rramesh at verizon.net
Sat Mar 27 20:26:52 UTC 2010

Hi,

  I have been trying to diagnose a periodic ~30sec video stutter with my
9400 GT VDPAU normal. I have mythbuntu 9.10 as the mythtv setup. Both
backend and frontend are in the same machine. I received help from
several in the thread and that improved the situation, but none really
eliminated. (I also looked ad mythtv VDPAU wiki/doc and implemented the
suggestions) Finally I found the mythfrontend log in /var/log/mythtv and
it shows periodic run of mythweather data collection. I removed
mythweather and it seems to have solved the problem. However, I want
mythweather and other mythtv friend applets. How do I
tell mythfrontend to stop them during the time I am watching HD video?

BTW, mythweather is no issue when I am watching ripped DVD from another
machine! I expect network activity like mythweather data collection to
affect this more. But no issue there. So, may be disk access is a
problem (I mean both mythweather and HD video is on the same disk. so..)
Is there any buffer setting that
can help me (I tried the one in backend-setup already)?

Would streaming always from backend help even though both are in the
same machine? I mean may be this
will allow me to weather small moments of stress when mythweather is
running since streaming will use buffers in RAM instead of reading from
disk.

Ramesh