[mythtv-users] mythbuntu video stutter

Ramasubramanian Ramesh rramesh at ti.com
Sat Mar 27 05:14:52 UTC 2010

> In my mythbuntu they are located at /var/log/mythtv/mythfrontend.log

I fired off a tail -f /var/log/mythtv/mythfrontend.log and started
watching TV. Each time it stuttered, I noticed that mythweather process
would spawn something that will get weather data. I suspect this is the
problem for my stutter. This explains why my stutter would be very
periodic and would go away when I wait for a while (pause). It is too
much of a coincidence for video to have tough to render passages at such
regularity.  I have turned off mythweather. Hopefully that fixes the
problem.

Ramesh