[mythtv-users] iPhone + <remote_software> + LIRC over network to control mythtv?

Johnny Walker johnnyjboss at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 20:13:10 UTC 2010

[SNIP[

> MyMote is an iPhone app which does that. However, I think it might be a
> predecessor to Remotux. If so, then Remotux is probably the way to go.
>
> Although at the moment, I cannot get Remotux to connect to myth....
>
> Geoff

Remotux doesn't connect to mythtv - it connects to rinputd - a remote input
daemon.

See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RemoteInput/rinputd for details on how to
install in Ubuntu (or MythBuntu)

It works really well for me. I put a few shortcuts on my frontend desktop so
if mythfrontend exits or is exited I can easily double (actually triple in
Remotux) click on the link to restart it.

I've also got a shortcut that opens and tails the frontend log file so that
I can use Remotux to Alt-Tab between them. This makes quick work of
debugging a new feature. - I could just hook up a wireless keyboard but they
are all so ugly and expensive that I've yet to find one I like better than
Remotux.

If it gets really serious I pull out a laptop and SSH over but I do that
less now with Remotux.

-JohnnyJboss