[mythtv-users] mythexport and xvid

lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 05:14:00 UTC 2010

On Friday 26/03/2010 at 2:16 pm, Bob Gamble  wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I used to be able to run nuvexport in a terminal and get an easy to
> use interface for converting my myth programs to xvid and other
> formats.  Now that mythexport has been made the preferred way (I
> think), I need to figure out how to get settings that work in ubuntu
> 9.1.
Not sure if this helps, but invoking nuvexort with the transcode flag
allow it to export to xvid in 9.10, e.g.

  nuvexport --transcode

It basically uses mythtranscode to convert the files, rather than
ffmpeg (which for whatever reason, doesn't support xvid any more).

There's an interesting write-up on it here:

  http://mythtv.org/wiki/Index.php/Nuvexport

Mentions using mencoder as well and the pros/cons.
--

Lindsay Mathieson
http://blackpaw.jalbum.net/home/