[mythtv-users] MythDroid 0.3

foo bar foobum at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 10:42:27 UTC 2010

On 25 March 2010 06:01, Bob Sully <rcs at malibyte.net> wrote:
> MythDroid looks VERY promising, but isn't ready for prime time.

It might help if you take a quick glance at the documentation,
especially http://code.google.com/p/mythdroid/wiki/InstallNotes

> For Myth recordings, it does list them correctly, but if I try to play
> one, the UI on the Myth box goes momentarily to the "watch recordings"
> screen, then drops out; likewise, on the phone, it switches to the control
> screen for a second and then drops back to the previous screen.

As mentioned in the aforementioned installation notes, this is a bug
in MythTV that was fixed in trunk a while back (r23381). You can
either upgrade to 0.23rc1 or apply the patch mentioned in the 0.22
section of http://code.google.com/p/mythdroid/wiki/InstallNotes.

JYA: Any chance you could merge r23376 and r23381 into your 0.22 packages?

Some features depend on MDD. (See http://code.google.com/p/mythdroid/wiki/MDD).

> Also, it'd be nice if the app would remember which frontend was selected
> as the default.  I have to change it every time I start the app.

It selects the first defined frontend (See
http://code.google.com/p/mythdroid/wiki/UserGuide).

> I'm not b*tching, just giving a status report.  This app looks VERY
> promising, and once everything's working, I'll be using it a LOT.

Have fun!

Regards,

foobum