[mythtv-users] MythDroid 0.3

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Thu Mar 25 06:01:05 UTC 2010

I downloaded and installed MythDroid 0.3.5 on my Motorola Droid phone
tonight.

I'm running 0.22-fixes, on Ubuntu 9.10, using Mr. Avenard's excellent
repos; latest version is 234xx-something.

MythDroid looks VERY promising, but isn't ready for prime time.

The only portion that actually works on my setup is the MythMusic controller.

For Myth recordings, it does list them correctly, but if I try to play
one, the UI on the Myth box goes momentarily to the "watch recordings"
screen, then drops out; likewise, on the phone, it switches to the control
screen for a second and then drops back to the previous screen.

For videos, it says that it "can't access the MDD".

I believe that I have the necessary ports open and selected in Setup.

The status menu does seem to work.

Also, it'd be nice if the app would remember which frontend was selected
as the default.  I have to change it every time I start the app.

I'm not b*tching, just giving a status report.  This app looks VERY
promising, and once everything's working, I'll be using it a LOT.

Bob