[mythtv-users] Comcast moved 2 channels - what to do?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 01:35:27 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 6:27 PM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
> Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> This had been in the message section of my STB. Today Comcast moved
>> channel 35 (FOOD) to channel 34, and moved channel 41 (TBS) to channel
>> 35.
>>
>> How do I best handle this sort of change in Myth? Is there a place to
>> modify this in the frontend? I don't really want to do a complete new
>> scan. Maybe it happens automatically when SchedulesDirect catches up?
>> I'm not sure what state SchedulesDirect is in on this one right now as
>> I logged in to look around and found all of the effected channels were
>> missing from my line-up. (Approximately 6:15 PST)
>
> Assuming analog (or STB-tuned), log into mythweb and reset the channel
> number?  YMMV.
>
>> Thanks,
>> Mark
>
> -derek

Thanks. Sorry I didn't say but I am HDHR based.

I found documents on the MythTV site that suggested mythfilldatabase
--do-channel-updates but it requires that SchedulesDirect have updated
their site and so far they haven't.

Fortunately we're not recording on those channels tonight so I have a
little breathing room as long as I get it cleaned up tomorrow
hopefully.

Cheers,
Mark