[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.23rc1 Available

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Mar 25 01:25:49 UTC 2010

On 03/24/2010 07:50 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 24 March 2010 16:43, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> 0.23 Release Candidate 1 Available
>>   - Only a few weeks late on our new, improved short release schedule, the
>> first Release Candidate for MythTV 0.23 is now available.
>>   - Please make sure to read the Release Notes (
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Notes_-_0.23 ) before upgrading.
>>
>> More details at http://www.mythtv.org/
>>
>> Distros are likely to have packages for the release candidate or 0.23-fixes
>> available shortly.
>>
> I can guess who wrote the wiki entry without even looking at the
> history page ;

You mean you can guess who actually did *his* part of the job of
updating the release notes.  Following that logic, can you now guess
which of us did not do *our* parts of updating it (me included)?

>   simply with a glance at the *major* change list :)
>
> What happened to all the fancy new audio code ?
>
> IMVHO ; that's more major than all the other listed there :)

It's a wiki!  The devs who actually cared to put something in it about
the things they contributed (or the things they remembered) actually did so.

Without even looking at the history page, I can tell who didn't care
enough to update the page until after he got a chance to complain in public.

So just fix the major changes section, too.  Don't feel slighted.  Don't
feel you have to complain.

If you do look at the history, you'll see that the page was basically
non-existent until just over a week ago when a discussion in IRC
revealed that no one had really updated the page for the release (that
we were already late for).  So, 3 of us came up with a list of what we
remembered.  I officially apologize for forgetting about the audio
changes.  That said, had I remembered, I couldn't have explained it any
better than, "A bunch of audio changes in a huge commit that I didn't
read," so it turns out that you're a /much/ better candidate for editing
the wiki page to include information about the changes you made...

Mike