[mythtv-users] Can I have frontend without installing backend.

Ramasubramanian Ramesh rramesh at ti.com
Wed Mar 24 21:18:44 UTC 2010

The document mentions briefly about this possibility, but does not
provide details. I have a debian box in which I like to install only
frontend
so that I can schedule recordings on the master backend that is on
another machine.  As you can figure out, I am not successful as the
fontend says it cannot find the backend. I do not know how to tell the
IP address of the backend so that the debian box can talk to the master
backend.

1) Since the document is a little light on this, I am wondering if this
is an unsupported feature?
2) If it is supported then is it not recommended because of the
complexity of getting it right?
3) Is there a better way to control the backend from another machine
instead of using locally installed frontend?

Ramesh