[mythtv-users] YAMP Again (Yet Another Media Player, again)

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 15:45:01 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 March 2010 08:54:11 am greg wrote:
>> Brian Wood wrote:

> Some DirectTV receivers will work as UPnP devices, though they can't deal with
> .MKV files. AVI files don't support variable framerate or out-of-sequence
> frames, not a really big deal, but Matroska is a superior container.

We have DTV receivers all over (unfortunately, the multi room viewwing
beta they rolled out a couple of months ago killed my shot at
completely replacing them with MythTV), and I use mediatomb to
transcode for them and the PS3s.  If the damn DTV receivers would
handle over 8k streams, I could stream mythtv (hdhr) recordings right
to them...

I was digging through the myca site from earlier, and noticed the 2
versions.  Do you have the white or ion version?  I am kind of scared
to try one since digging through their forums is nothing short of
reading complaints of lack of support.  I really do not care about
that if the product works well though.  Both models seem video capable
though, and the Sigma 8635 seems capable as well..