[mythtv-users] lost recordings and database orphans

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Wed Mar 24 13:05:58 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-23 at 22:48 -0700, Big Wave Dave wrote:

> > More info:
> > http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Myth.find_orphans.pl

...which states:

Warning this script is deprecated. It has not been updated in line with
changes to the main mythtv programs.

> After clicking send, realized I should be more clear... Depending on
> if you are using .22 or .21 it may actually work.

Unfortunately I am running trunk. I actually tried it and let it run for
a brief time, and it made things worse. It removed a few more recordings
that had not been lost, without updating the database, before I killed
it. Now if I run it in info-only mode, it reports that everything is
fine. So this approach is not going to work for me.

--Greg