[mythtv-users] Soo I just got the Comcast all digital notice. What is my best option?

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Tue Mar 23 08:17:09 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-22 at 10:56 -0700, Kirk Bocek wrote:

> On 3/22/2010 10:43 AM, Johnny Walker wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 12:34 PM, Scott <pickle136 at sbcglobal.net
> > <mailto:pickle136 at sbcglobal.net>> wrote:
> >
> >     On 3/22/2010 1:17 PM, Johnny Walker wrote:
> >

> >         Long and short is I love the mceusb. It has 2 blasters I've long
> >         since lost and replaced which was also inexpensive.
> >
> >         -Johnny
> >
> >     Do you know what hardware you are specifically using with the mceusb
> >     driver?
> >

> > lsusb reports the following:
> >
> > ID 1784:0001 TopSeed Technology Corp.
> >

> I've got something similar:
>
> ID 1784:0008 TopSeed Technology Corp.
>
> Although I'm not currently using the IR out on it, I previously used it for
> some testing and irsend worked fine.

Mine says:

Bus 006 Device 002: ID 147a:e03c Formosa Industrial Computing, Inc.

but it's an Aim remote.  The remote itself was okay, the the dongle
works well and I'm using it with my hauppauge remote that I think it
nicer (it certainly feels nicer in the hand and it has the
yellow/green/blue/red buttons.

Rodd